From ZumZum Beachhouse to Tsavo West
You will be picked up from the Zum Zum Beachhouse at around 7 AM.
We will drive to the small airport in Ukunda for a two-hour flight to Masai Mara.
Ukunda - Masai Mara flight
The plane departs at around 8 AM. The flight is an experience onto itself.
You can observe the snowy peak of Kilimanjaro and the various national parks from the air. Arriving in Mara, a safari jeep will take you to the lodge for lunch.
At around 4 PM you will leave on a wildlife safari, where you can explore the Masai Mara nature reserve and go in search of wildlife. At 6:30 PM you will return to the lodge for dinner and to spend the night.
Masai Mara Nationale Reserve
You will start the day with a pre-breakfast safari. Another wildlife safari is planned after breakfast. Then, it will be time for lunch and a peaceful siesta in your lodge.
The afternoon safari departs at around 3:30 PM.
The Big Migration
Millions of wildebeest and zebras migrate over the Mara River each year from July to October. The Mara nature reserve is the northerly extension of the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania, from where the animals freely walk about towards Masai Mara in search of greener pastures.
The Mara nature reserve is famous for its lions, particularly the males with their magnificent black manes. You will also see lots of elephants, most of whom travel in large herds. Leopards, buffaloes and rhinoceroses also abound in this park. In brief: all members of the Big Five are here
From Masai Mara to the ZumZum Beachhouse
On the last day, you will be able to take part in another safari before as well as after breakfast.
After lunch you will leave for the airport, from where you will depart for the Zum Zum Beachhouse at around 1 PM.
- Transport according to the programme
- Safari in a shared safari jeep (seats up to 6 passengers)
- Experienced guide
- Safari checklist
- Overnight accommodations according to the programme
- All meals during the safari, starting with lunch on the first day and ending with lunch on the last day
- Tickets to the wildlife reserves
- Tourist tax
- Medical insurance during the journey, in the event of an air rescue operation
- Drinks at the lodges and camps during your safari
- Balloon safari
- Optional activities (not included in the programme as a standard)